During your first appointment, you and your provider will review your:
- Drinking history: How much? How often? Negative consequences? Failed efforts to manage your use?
- Psychiatric history: Depression? Anxiety? Sleep difficulties? Previous medication trials?
- Medical History: Drug allergies? Chronic illnesses? Liver disease?
- Treatment Goals: Moderation? Abstinence? Improved control?
Education is a cornerstone of treatment with SinclairMethod.Org, so please don’t hesitate to ask questions. We want to make sure you know this approach to alcoholism treatment inside and out. During your initial appointment you will learn about:
- The Sinclair Method: Endorphins, pharmacological extinction, use of Naltrexone, drinking logs, and liver functioning tests.
- Naltrexone: How it works, potential benefits, and potential risks.
Duration: 30 minutes.
Cost: Varies by State. See Booking page.